CKEditor integration for PHPFox
3 users rated this post
Simple installation & then drop down choose default/CKEditor from Admin panel automatically enables CKEditor for all Text areas in the site like following:
- Blog : content, comments
- Forum: thread, reply, quick reply
- Group: group description, comments
- Event: event description, comments
- Poll : comments
- Quizzes : comments
- Bulletin: bulletin message, comments
- Marketplace: content, comments
- Profile: comments etc.
- Basic and Advanced Styling: Apply basic styles like bold and italics with easy, but still not having troubles to use and understand more complex styling and semantics rules defined by the web site developer. Rich styles, under control.
- Real Block-quoting: Properly quote text using the appropriate and semantics aware tag. Other editors instead are simply interested on the visual aspects of it, simply adding margins to standard paragraphs (that’s too 90’s).
- Colors: Plain text may be boring. It’s nice to apply colors to text to better identify it with personal or company’s colors identity. You may also use it like a text marker. With our color selector this job is a matter of few clicks.
- Advanced Paste from Word: There is a lot of offline content already available out there. We also collaborate with others, who send us text in Word formatted documents. CKEditor makes it easy to convert these texts with our powerful Past from Word feature.
- Advanced Linking: Other than creating usual web links with easy, CKEditor makes it possible to build advanced links that can open popups, links to anchors, e-mails or any kind of web resource.
- E-mail Linking: Creating e-mail links with CKEditor is a simple task. It’s enough to insert the desired e-mail address. Even the message subject and text can be set, so end users will have their e-mails pre-compiled.
- Visual Link Anchors: Insert page “anchors”, so other pages (or even the same page) can link to them, positioning the reader in the right place. These anchors are visible while editing, making their management easy and intuitive.
- Maximize: When dealing with long texts or even images and tables, the more you see the better. With a single click CKEditor is “maximized”, filling the entire space available in the page. Another click and it returns back to its original size.
- Visible Blocks: For those who want to have full control over the structure of their text, the “Show Blocks” feature comes to help. It’s a visual tool which outlines every single block of text, making it easy to control the semantics and the quality of the edited contents.
- Resizable: Sometimes we just need a bit more space to have a better typing experience. CKEditor can be easily resized by simply dragging operation, making it possible to have the perfect fit. That’s usability at the power of users’ fingers.
- Right to Left Interface: Not all people and cultures read from “left to right”, like in English. Several languages are read from “right to left” instead, like Arabic, Farsi or Hebrew. For those users, CKEditor will also render from right to left, making them feeling at home.
- Elements Selector: Users with a bit of technical skills are able to precisely control the structure of their texts with our powerful Element Selector. It shows the hierarchy of HTML tags around the current cursor position, making it easy to manage them.
- Find and Replace: Finding words in the text is simple and effective with CKEditor. Even words with mixed styling (like half bold and half italics) are properly caught. Replacing words is also as easy, including massive replacement operations.
- Rich Content i.e. Images : Pictures and photos are essential to bring life to text. With CKEditor, it’s easy to insert your images into the content and easily configure. Having an integrated file manager like CKFinder, it’s easy to upload new images with few clicks.
- Flash Content: Authors dealing with advanced web sites have to deal with Adobe Flash content to be inserted on their pages. That’s another easy task with CKEditor, making it also possible to easily control the playback features of the Flash movies.
- Easy Tables: There is no better way to explain and demonstrate data information than using tables. With CKEditor users can create tables that play well with accessibility, as well as design them to better present their contents.
- Smiles: CKEditor may be used inside community related web sites, like forums or blogs, where people desire to express their feelings inside their texts. It comes with a set of exclusively designed smiley graphics that can be freely and easily used for that.
- Print Breaks : Quality is also on the details. With CKEditor you’ll be able to precisely control the printing break points inside your contents, being sure that the printed version of it will look as good as you wanted it to be.
- Templates: It’s easy to guarantee the quality of your web site by using the “Insert Template” feature. Your web designer can create pieces of HTML that can be reused again and again, spreading a common design line over your pages.
- Form Creation Tools: On specific applications, it would be nice to have end users defining web forms, which could be used for e-learning tests, polls, research, etc. CKEditor brings all necessary tools to proper create and manage forms and fields in your pages.
- Interface Usability: The CKEditor interface is based on common desktop editing application concepts, making it intuitive to be understood and used. We’ve promoted usability researches, bringing the best editing experience to the hands of our users.
- Strong Accessibility: Accessibility has been considered since the very first design considerations of CKEditor. Visually impaired users can safely use screen readers with it. CKEditor is compliant with worldwide accessibility standards like the W3C WCAG and the US Section 508.
- Spell Check as You Type: CKEditor is the only editor to bring you a “zero installation” spell check as you type solution. Nothing in your servers is needed for it. It’s based on the quality spell checking services provided by SpellChecker.net.
- Keyboard Navigable: As part of our accessibility efforts, CKEditor is “totally” keyboard navigable. This means that you don’t need a mouse to use its features, and you will never be limited because of it.
- TAB Key Friendly: Using the TAB key to navigate through pages, specially forms, is quite common and intuitive. CKEditor respects it, not interfering in the way users would expect pages to behave. It makes it so natural.
- Intuitive Context Menu: Context menus are easy and intuitive ways to add functionality to applications. CKEditor uses it smartly, bringing powerful features over tables, images, links, etc.; with a few mouse clicks. People are just used to it.
- Safely Undo: The best way to learn and understand an application and its features is by using them. With CKEditor you don’t need to be worried, because every single action can be safely reverted, guaranteeing that you’ll never break things or lose your texts.